Monday, December 21, 2009

What are the necessary equipment, supplies and ingredients in making ice cream?

I told my uncle that I would like to venture into commercial ice cream business and asked him to lend me some capital. He thought about it and accepted my request and he would let me borrow some capital. But now he is asking me what are the equipment, supplies and ingredients needed to open so he would know and prepare the check or cash for me for the ice cream business. Can you help with this opportunity, I would really appreciate it if you can supply me with the information of the necessary equipment or things needed for ice cream business or links for that matter or some knowledge based on experience in staring and running the business of ice cream making.What are the necessary equipment, supplies and ingredients in making ice cream?
You need to figure out your flavors, food cost, a way to get a large scale mixer, ice cream maker, a large deep freeze or blast freezer, an a method to package your product, and potentially labels. You may need to calculate Nutrition Facts, and have an ingredient list and potential allergy warnings. You may need to get with a business consultant to help with the next step.What are the necessary equipment, supplies and ingredients in making ice cream?
Even Ben and Jerry took a correspondence course, and so ought you.
you need to seek a professional to get the right idea. I am sure you will need to decide what you want your flavors to be which will determine ingrediants needed. When deciding choose unique flavors not the same old standbys because that is what will bring people in. Have some basic flavors for the less adventurous palate, but focus more on innovative flavors. You will need a large freezer to hold the ice cream and possibly display it. Toppings such as sprinkles, whipped cream, etc. Possibly a milk shake machine or something for drinks. Fresh fruit for smoothies and so you can fold fruit into the ice cream if the customer wants a fresh taste. You will need a cash register. Refridgerator. Try and get an industrial catalog to look and see what all is offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment