Saturday, December 26, 2009

What ingredient(s) makes Dairy Queen ice cream so smooth?

It seems to me that Dairy Queen soft serve is a cut above the other soft serves I have tried.What ingredient(s) makes Dairy Queen ice cream so smooth?
dairy queen has always used soft serve mix with a higher fat content then most competitors. they use the same machines as everyone else usually Taylor or some use cold-elite. many restaurants don't use soft serve they use ice milk and you can tell the difference.What ingredient(s) makes Dairy Queen ice cream so smooth?
That's just because you haven't tried a cone from Dairy Dell in Louisville, KY. One of the only good things about this God forsaken place.





I think Dairy Queen uses Elmer's glue in theirs.
They probably churn it more vigorously/longer or it has more milk in it.
I'm not too sure about the ingredients, but I don't think it's that much different from normal ice cream.





What I DO know is that it's kept as a somewhat thick liquid until moments before it's served to you. The liquid (';mix';) is pumped through a tube into the machine, where it freezes into soft serve and comes out of the nozzle.

No comments:

Post a Comment